Who We Are
- A non-profit, 501(c)(3) association of hospice regattas that independently raise money and awareness for local hospices.
- A rapidly expanding nationwide network of charity regattas which publicizes Hospice care — from the East to the West Coast, from the Great Lakes to Florida.
- An all-volunteer organizational body helping hospice regattas grow and learn from each other, and promoting Hospice care nationally.
- Host of the annual national Championship, the first and only sailing championship for charity in the country, where top sailors from the local hospice regattas compete in order to publicize and raise more funds for Hospice.
Member Hospice Regattas
- Host sailboat races that publicize Hospice care, through the excitement of sailing and festivities related to the regattas.
- Raise funds for local hospices, primarily through local sponsors, advertising sales, and donations.
- Educate the public about Hospice through publications, web sites, posters and the press.
NHRA 2011-2012 Board
Jean Swink Kluttz, President NHRA – Vienna VA
Teresa “Treez” Decker, Vice President – Charlotte, NC
Bill Northwood, Secretary - Rochester, NY
Barbara Chatzkel, Treasurer - New River, Arizona
Virginia Brown, Director and Founder – McLean VA
Doreen M. Voigt, Director – Shepherdstown, WV
Jeff Alisch, Director – Granger, Indiana
Dolf Dunn, Director – Huntersville, NC
Grace M. Lee, Director – Vienna, VA
Julie Phillips-Turner, Director – Queenstown, MD
Tom Tomlinson , Director – Gloversville, NY
We Cannot Direct the Wind But We Can Adjust the Sails
The mission of the National Hospice Regatta Alliance is to raise awareness of Hospice care through charity sailboat regattas: by helping and promoting local hospice regattas, by providing a centralized communications network among the regattas, and by hosting a national championship regatta.